PLEASE NOTE: During these difficult times with COVID-19 (coronavirus) all in-person events and meetings are currently being reviewed. We are running an e-recruitment and e-training programme for volunteers: see details below.
We are thrilled to share our revised plans and activities.
Making history in your spare time couldn’t be easier…
Although we are disappointed we can’t open our renovated Meeting House as planned, we are so excited about our new Front of House (on site) and volunteer-from-home roles.
Being a volunteer (digital or on site) will keep you connected to your local community and be a rewarding experience.
Through the work of dedicated volunteers like you, we have been able to preserve our heritage and continue the legacy of the Newington Green Meeting House. Being a non-religious church gives us the opportunity to do more for our local community, as both a charity and champion of believing in good.
- Are you looking to be part of a fun and friendly team, grow your skills and be a change-maker?
- Have internet, a computer and able to volunteer-from-home?
With support from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, we are ensuring Newington Green Meeting House lives on, and we are now looking for volunteers to build this further.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles in our Front of House teams.
Front of House Volunteer roles
All roles currently at full capacity – links will appear when roles are actively being recruited to.
You could be one of our regular Front of House (FoH) team welcoming, directing and supporting visitors to make the most of the events and activity programme including:
- FoH tours – based at the Meeting House
- FoH ambassadors (evenings and weekends) – based at the Meeting House
Volunteer-from-home roles are critical during the current COVID-19 outbreak. You could be helping to ensure our visitors are still getting the best experience from their own homes online through roles such as:
- Digital support – graphics and socials – volunteer from home
- Education support volunteer – ESOL tutor – volunteer from home
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering with us has benefits for you too. Besides the rewarding feeling of being a volunteer, from the comfort of your own home you’ll also:
- Be part of a fun, diverse team
- Meet new and interesting people
- Be of benefit to your community
- Learn new skills and gain experience in the Heritage and Charitable sector
- Be part of projects where your ideas and contributions are valued
If this sounds like you and you’d like to know more please register your interest or email Cheryl-lya Broadfoot, Volunteer Manager: NGMHVolunteering@new-unity.org.
All informal chats, informal interviews and training will be done via video-conferencing. Once volunteering-from-home, meetings, workflows and feedback will be done via e-mail, video-conferencing and WhatsApp chats where possible. (All are free to use for volunteers)
If you know someone who would be interested in volunteering with us, please do share this with them. We recruit a variety of roles regularly throughout the year so do keep a look out for roles coming soon.