PLEASE NOTE: We are running in person recruitment from 19th July 2021, in the event of further Covid-19 restrictions, e-recruitment and e-training programmes for volunteers will be re-implemented.
We are thrilled to finally be open to the public again.
Making history in your spare time couldn’t be easier…
- Are you looking to be part of a fun and friendly team, grow your skills and be a change-maker?
- Have internet, a computer and able to volunteer-from-home?
Volunteering with us you get more than you give: Learn something new, grow your passion and put your mark on history. We are so excited to share our available on site and volunteer-from-home roles.
Being a volunteer (digital or on site) will keep you connected to your local community and be a rewarding experience. Through the work of dedicated volunteers like you, we have been able to preserve our heritage and continue the legacy of the Newington Green Meeting House.
With support from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, we are ensuring Newington Green Meeting House lives on, and we are now looking for volunteers to build this further.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- Apply now! – currently recruiting
You could be one of our regular Front of House (FoH) team welcoming, directing and supporting visitors to make the most of the events and activity programme or you could support our Admin/back of house including:
- FoH Tours – based at the Meeting House Click here for: NGMH Volunteer Role – FOH Tours and Apply using our Volunteer Application Form NGMH
- FoH Ambassadors (evenings and weekends) – based at the Meeting House Click here for: NGMH Volunteer Role – FOH Ambassador Evenings and Weekends and Apply using our Volunteer Application Form NGMH
- Administrative Support Volunteer – based at the Meeting House Click here for: NGMH Volunteer Role – Admin Support Volunteer and Apply using our Volunteer Application Form NGMH
2. Ad-hoc Project Volunteer Roles
- New Project ideas: Please contact our Volunteer Manager, Cheryl-lya Broadfoot, to discuss your proposal to run a volunteer-led specific project related to our Heritage (current/previous voluntary project examples include poetry, movement and exhibitions)
- Or you can Apply directly using our Volunteer Application Form NGMH
3. Student placement volunteering roles
- Student Placements: Please contact our Volunteer Manager, Cheryl-lya Broadfoot, to discuss your University volunteer placement needs.
- For students: Apply using our Volunteer Application Form NGMH
4. Remote Volunteering roles
Volunteer-from-home roles are critical since COVID-19 outbreak and will continue to be moving forward. You could be helping to ensure our visitors are still getting the best experience from their own homes online through roles such as:
- Digital support – graphics and socials – volunteer from home
- Digital support – website and content – volunteer from home
- Digital support – blogs and research – volunteer from home
- Education support volunteer – ESOL tutor – volunteer from home
Please note: Digital support and Education roles currently at full capacity – links will appear when actively recruiting
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering with us has benefits for you too. Besides the rewarding feeling of being a volunteer, from the comfort of your own home you’ll also:
- Be part of a fun, diverse team
- Meet new and interesting people
- Be of benefit to your community
- Learn new skills and gain experience in the Heritage and Charitable sector
- Be part of projects where your ideas and contributions are valued
If this sounds like you and you’d like to know more please register your interest or email Cheryl-lya Broadfoot, Volunteer Manager: NGMHVolunteering@new-unity.org.
All informal chats, informal interviews and training will be in-person from 19th July 2021, unless Government Guidelines change. If volunteering-from-home, meetings, workflows and feedback will be done via e-mail, video-conferencing and WhatsApp chats where possible. (All are free to use for volunteers)
If you know someone who would be interested in volunteering with us, please do share this with them. We recruit a variety of roles regularly throughout the year so do keep a look out for roles coming soon.