The Two Mendelssohns - Fanny and Felix
June 11, 2021 7:30 PM - 11:00 PM
In the iconic Meeting meeting in Newington Green, recently lovingly restored to its former beauty, the Corran Quartet present 2 works from the Mendelssohn family: Fanny and her brother Felix. The Meeting House is appropriately famous for being “the birthplace of feminism”, so here is a rare opportunity to hear 2 fabulous pieces of music by the Mendelssohn siblings.
Tickets available here:
Fanny Mendelssohn – String Quartet in Eb Major
– Adagio ma non troppo
-Allegro molto vivace
Felix Mendelssohn -String Quartet in F minor, Op 80
– Allegro vivace assai – Presto
– Allegro assai
-Finale: Allegro molto
Tickets will be very limited as we will be complying with the latest government guidelines on social distancing.
Important safety notices:
– Please only book tickets for people from your own household as tickets bought together will be seated together.
– If you, or anyone in your household, feels unwell on the day of the concert please do not attend.
– The concert will adhere to government guidelines on permitted audience numbers and social distancing
– Concert attendees will be required to wear a mask on arrival and throughout the performance unless exempt.
– On entering the meeting house you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided.
– We are keeping a close eye on government guidance and all attendees will get an email, nearer the concert, with the latest rules.
This event is hosted by the Corran Quarter, please contact them with any questions. The building is now fully wheelchair accessible and a hearing loop is installed.