As you might have heard, New Unity‘s Newington Green Meeting House will not be able to re-open at Easter with an exciting programme of events, tours, walks and activities as planned. We will re-open in autumn and – working closely with the Newington Green Alliance – are already busy planning a programme that will meet the needs of and engage a diverse local community with their radical heritage. To get monthly updates from the project you can sign up to the newsletter, keep an eye on the website and follow us on social media (instagram/ twitter/ facebook) and for updates from New Unity more widely, please see our website at www.new-unity.org where you can also subscribe to our newsletter.
At this time we realise the needs of the local community have changed and there might be things we can offer that would be helpful over the coming months. Here are some ideas that we have worked on along with the Newington Green Alliance but we would really love your feedback; are these useful? Would you or someone you know benefit from these? What else might be helpful?
- Free weekly ESOL resource downloadable from ngmh.org.uk/ by email (PDF) for children/adults needing support with their English (this will be themed around the Newington Green area
- Virtual mentoring – we facilitate a service where local people can communicate with other local people virtually that can support them with advice for their career of choice
- KS2 and KS3 downloadable resources from ngmh.org.uk exploring local history and literary links, encouraging children to write protest poetry (linked to the national curriculum)
- Craft/art activity challenges released weekly with how-to guides
- Online homework clubs – we could find a way to be able to help children with their homework virtually by facilitating volunteers to help
We would love to hear about any other ideas or ways you think we could help, work together on something new or get any thoughts and feedback from these initial ideas. Please also get in touch to let us know how things are for you and within your organisations, what you are planning over the next few months and anything you think we could support.
All the best,
Amy Todd – Community and Learning Manager at the Newington Green Meeting House: Revolutionary Ideas project (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Andy Pakula – Minister, New Unity and Chair of Trustees, Newington Green Alliance (email@example.com)